congregation of the sisters of st joseph of peace
facebook twitter twitter

United Kingdom

The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace was founded in January, 1884, in the Diocese of Nottingham, England. In May 1884, Mother Francis Clare had a private audience with Pope Leo XIII who approved the new Congregation. The first Sisters, Evangelista Gaffney and Rose Kelley, were professed at St Barnabas Cathedral in Nottingham as Sisters of Peace whose object was "to promote the peace of the Church both by word and work," and "devotion to ameliorating the conditions of the homes of the poor." Two houses were established in 1884, a school in Grimsby and a motherhouse and novitiate in Nottingham.

Today, our UK CSJP regional centre is located at Sacred Heart Convent in Rearsby, Leicester, England. Sisters and Associates are active in the areas of education, health care, assisting the poor and homeless, welcoming refugees, prayer ministry, and advocating for peace and justice.

CSJP UK Office 

Sacred Heart Convent 
61 Station Road  
Rearsby  
Leicestershire LE74YY  
England  
Telephone: 01664 424 251

United Kingdom Vocation Contact 

Sister Maureen Brennan, CSJP
35 Belton Street
Hyson Green
Nottingham, NG7 6FY
England
Telephone 0115 9785816
maureenbrennancsjp@gmail.com

United Kingdom

"If our role as messengers of God’s good news means anything to us, the chorus of people begging for peace will touch a special place in our hearts. "

Patricia Lynch, CSJP